Norahs Girl's Note:
A simple fish dish that is also tasty and ideal for a midweek family meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g hake fillets (or any other white fish)
- 125 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, diced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml plain yogurt
- 1 extra-large egg, whisked
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 125 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- 2Spray a 29 cm ovenproof dish with non-stick spray Soak the fish fillets in 125 ml milk for a few minutes Drain the fish and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- 4Arrange the fish fillets in the prepared dish.
- 5Sauté the onion, peppers and mushrooms in a little oil until tender and spoon over the fish.
- 6Blend the plain yoghurt and whisked egg and pour over the fish.
- 7Arrange the tomato slices on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes or until the egg mixture has set and is lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.5 mg
- Sodium 652.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 55.3 g