Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a quick and easy recipe. All ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Top Review by mle234
This is so good! I used 1T lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, and marinated the fish overnight in everything except the breadcrumbs and butter. Before going in the oven, I added the breadcrumbs and melted about 1T butter (and drizzled over the fish). I would recommend baking for 12-13 minutes then broiling for 3-4 minutes (just to get the crumbs nice and crispy). This is a definite keeper.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb tilapia fillet (or cod, haddock, or any other mild fish)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease or spray a 13" x 9" (or larger) baking dish.
- Rinse fish filets and pat dry. Set them in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, pepper, thyme and parsley. Stir well. Pour evenly over fish filets.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until filets are opaque and flakey.