This is a quick and easy recipe. All ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Make and share this Simple Baked Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease or spray a 13" x 9" (or larger) baking dish.
- Rinse fish filets and pat dry. Set them in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, pepper, thyme and parsley. Stir well. Pour evenly over fish filets.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until filets are opaque and flakey.
Easy to make with an interesting flavor and texture. Very versatile too! I think I'll try to suggestion of Panko next time...they were not as crunchy as I expected with using just breadcrumbs. Thanks for posting!
This is so good! I used 1T lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, and marinated the fish overnight in everything except the breadcrumbs and butter. Before going in the oven, I added the breadcrumbs and melted about 1T butter (and drizzled over the fish). I would recommend baking for 12-13 minutes then broiling for 3-4 minutes (just to get the crumbs nice and crispy). This is a definite keeper.
I just made this with filets from Trader Joe's. I used Panko breadcrumbs and sprinkled the top with paprika for color. The dish turned out to be restaurant quality and the best fish that I ever made. Thanks for posting the recipe.