Recipe by Oolala
From "Favorite Recipes of Home Economics Teachers Blue Ribbon Poultry Cookbook." This is from the High School in Shawano, Wisconsin.
Top Review by ChamoritaMomma
I've been wanting to try this recipe because every curry I make, turns out too spicy for my family. I doubled the recipe for dinner last night but used only the smaller chicken legs. It turned out wonderful and my family loved it, to include my youngest, who's 4 yrs. When I woke up this morning, I went pack some leftovers for my lunch at work; there was nothing in the pot, ugghhh!! I guess that meant it was a HIT!! I definitely will be making this again. Thanks for sharing....
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) cancling peach slices, drained
- celery top, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and paprika; coat chicken well.
- Brown chicken, on all sides, in oil in a skillet. Drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and salt.
- Blend soup with 1 cup water and pour over the chicken in the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken mixture in a casserole dish and cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Add peach slices and heat through.
- Garnish with celery tops.