Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Favorite Recipes of Home Economics Teachers Blue Ribbon Poultry Cookbook." This is from the High School in Shawano, Wisconsin.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) cancling peach slices, drained
- celery top, to garnish (optional)
- Combine flour and paprika; coat chicken well.
- Brown chicken, on all sides, in oil in a skillet. Drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and salt.
- Blend soup with 1 cup water and pour over the chicken in the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken mixture in a casserole dish and cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Add peach slices and heat through.
- Garnish with celery tops.
I've been wanting to try this recipe because every curry I make, turns out too spicy for my family. I doubled the recipe for dinner last night but used only the smaller chicken legs. It turned out wonderful and my family loved it, to include my youngest, who's 4 yrs. When I woke up this morning, I went pack some leftovers for my lunch at work; there was nothing in the pot, ugghhh!! I guess that meant it was a HIT!! I definitely will be making this again. Thanks for sharing....