These have a little bit of a kick to them, but they are very good!! I put some recommendations to alter them a bit too, because the original recipe seemed like it needed something added to it. I came up with this recipe based on some chicken enchiladas my mom used to make, and some inspiration from other chimichanga recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 350.
- 2Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together. Add in chicken chunks, salsa, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and other ingredients, - mix together.
- 3Take approximately 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture and place them on tortilla shell. (Be sure to save some of the mixture as a topping for later.).
- 4Fold in the sides of tortilla, and roll up. Place in baking dish.
- 5Take remaining mixture, and place over the top of the tortillas in the baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese until covered to your liking.
- 6Oven should be preheated at this point - put baking dish in oven for approximately 25-30 minutes. You want to bake it until all of the cheese is melted on the top and is starting to get a golden color to it.
- 7**I would recommend adding some spanish rice or black beans to the recipe. The recipe tastes really good as is, but it seemed like it needed something more too it, like rice or beans.**.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple, Baked Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.4
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 1553.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: