Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
recipe is from sil...easy enough (kinda one of those fix and forget...until the timer goes off)and the kids like it!
- pour water in 8 inch baking dish.
- rinse chicken and then coat with butter.
- holding chicken up (over the sink), sprinkle all over with seasoned salt.
- place chicken in baking dish, top with any extra seasoned salt.
- put celery and onion in chicken's"cavity".
- cover with aluminum foil and bake for at least 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- uncover and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes for chicken to"brown" lightly.
I totally love it and my famiyly forget it they love it
This just was so bland! I expected it to taste like rotissiere chicken and it just wasn't tasty. It also needs to cook way longer than an hour as it comes out too tough.
This may be simple but it is also good. I did add 8 cloves of garlic, 4 inside and 4 slivered and put under the skin. The onion and celery that was stuffed inside the chicken was great added to the veggie side dishes - I served it with a baked potato, steamed baby carrotts and steamed broccoli. Lovely dinner and I have the bones simmering right now for soup base thanks kdp