- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small onion (peeled and whole)
- 1 celery rib
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- pour water in 8 inch baking dish.
- rinse chicken and then coat with butter.
- holding chicken up (over the sink), sprinkle all over with seasoned salt.
- place chicken in baking dish, top with any extra seasoned salt.
- put celery and onion in chicken's"cavity".
- cover with aluminum foil and bake for at least 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- uncover and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes for chicken to"brown" lightly.