1 hr 15 mins
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I dislike fried food, but I love Buffalo wings! So instead of frying, I've been perfecting a technique for baking them that yields terrific results without the mess and greasiness of frying. We love Buffalo wings for dinner--it works well for thighs or drumsticks as well as wings. The cooking time as directed will work for wings, thighs, or drumsticks, but may need to be adjusted for larger pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Sauce, the hot sauce used in the original recipe)
- 4 -5 lbs chicken wings, trimmed or left whole with tips tucked under meaty part to form a triangle (or 2-3 lbs of meatier pieces such as thighs)
- blue cheese dressing (I prefer Marie's Premium Super Blue Cheese Dressing)
- celery rib
- 1Heat oven to 350* F.
- 2Combine butter and hot sauce in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- 3Place chicken pieces on a broiler pan. Brush generously with sauce.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Brush with sauce, turn, and brush other side with sauce. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- 6Turn oven up to 400* F. Brush chicken, turn, and brush again. Bake 15 minutes.
- 7Brush, turn, and brush other side with remaining sauce.
- 8Bake 10 minutes, then turn once more and bake for another 5 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Baked Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1285.4
- Calories from Fat 930
- Total Fat 103.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.8 g
- Cholesterol 430.9 mg
- Sodium 1826.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 83.8 g