Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I dislike fried food, but I love Buffalo wings! So instead of frying, I've been perfecting a technique for baking them that yields terrific results without the mess and greasiness of frying. We love Buffalo wings for dinner--it works well for thighs or drumsticks as well as wings. The cooking time as directed will work for wings, thighs, or drumsticks, but may need to be adjusted for larger pieces.
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Sauce, the hot sauce used in the original recipe)
- 4 -5 lbs chicken wings, trimmed or left whole with tips tucked under meaty part to form a triangle (or 2-3 lbs of meatier pieces such as thighs)
- blue cheese dressing (I prefer Marie's Premium Super Blue Cheese Dressing)
- celery rib
- Heat oven to 350* F.
- Combine butter and hot sauce in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken pieces on a broiler pan. Brush generously with sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush with sauce, turn, and brush other side with sauce. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 400* F. Brush chicken, turn, and brush again. Bake 15 minutes.
- Brush, turn, and brush other side with remaining sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn once more and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.