Recipe by SuzieQ in Fairfax
Make it for you, make it for two, make it for the family or for a crowd -- keep it simple or turn it into a crowd-pleaser! This sandwich will be a hit... with a little help from you!
Top Review by alligirl
Delish, and one of my all time faves! I've never done it in the oven before, so that was new to me. I melted my butter, to make for easier spreading, and VOILA! lunch was ready in a flash! Thanks, SusieQ in Fairfax, for sharing a great take on a tasty sandwich! Made for PAC Spring '12.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 scallions
- 8 slices bread (potato sandwich bread)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay bacon in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and cook until crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cool and rinse the pan.
- Line the baking sheet with foil. Trim the root ends of the scallions, halve lengthwise, and chop into about 1-inch pieces.
- Lay out the bread on a work surface and butter 1 side of each piece. Put 4 slices of the bread, buttered side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Layer half of the cheese slices on the bread. Layer the bacon and scallions on top of the cheese and cover with the remaining cheese. Top with the remaining slices of bread buttered side up and bake until each bottom pieces of bread is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and bake until the other side is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 8 to 10 minutes more.