Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a flavorful and quick side dish to serve with your Asian meal. The recipe is adapted from The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook by Jaden Hair.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 lb baby bok choy, leves separated
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you wish to keep it vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Add the oil, garlic and ginger into a wok or large saute pan. Turn the heat to medium-high. As the oil heats, the garlic and ginger will infuse the oil with flavor. Take care that they do not burn. When the oil is hot, add the bok choy and the snow peas and toss to coat them in the oil.
- Stir-fry the mixture for about a minute. Add the stock and oyster sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minute until the bok choy stems are crisp-tender. Drizzle the sesame oil over the mixture and serve.
First time using Asian sauces. Easy and delicious.
This is simple and delicious recipe the snow peas and baby bok choy are great together. DH and I both enjoyed how light and fresh the flavors were. Made for Culinary Quest 2014
Very, very good! I had no oyster sauce, but this tasted so good regardless. This works so well, cooked in broth. Gives plenty of steam and less fat than adding more oil!<br/>Unfortunately, my grocer didn't have baby bok choy this week, so I used broccolini with the snow peas. A great recipe; leave the veggies crisp!