Recipe by Haribol!
I make these all of the time. They're super simple and taste great! Please let me know what you think!
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed and cut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or enough so that the greens won't burn)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce balsamic vinegar (splash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut all of the collard greens into bite size pieces (about 2" x 2").
- Heat some coconut oil in a tall pot until it's hot but NOT smoking hot.
- Add the collard greens and stir. CAUTION: the collard greens will splatter in the oil when they are first put in, so be careful.
- Stir and continue to cook until the greens wilt down.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until done and at the very end add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Be sure and stir as the balsamic vinegar can burn. You don't need much of the vinegar.
- Note: This is a good base recipe to experiment with. The greens are also good when cooked with ginger and tamari, or you can add a mix of balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and hot pepper at the end. I have done all of these and they all taste great. I think the coconut oil really does a lot for the greens.