I make these all of the time. They're super simple and taste great! Please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut all of the collard greens into bite size pieces (about 2" x 2").
- 2Heat some coconut oil in a tall pot until it's hot but NOT smoking hot.
- 3Add the collard greens and stir. CAUTION: the collard greens will splatter in the oil when they are first put in, so be careful.
- 4Stir and continue to cook until the greens wilt down.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cook until done and at the very end add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Be sure and stir as the balsamic vinegar can burn. You don't need much of the vinegar.
- 7Note: This is a good base recipe to experiment with. The greens are also good when cooked with ginger and tamari, or you can add a mix of balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and hot pepper at the end. I have done all of these and they all taste great. I think the coconut oil really does a lot for the greens.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Awesome Collard Greens
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g