I wanted something quick and easy to serve with enchiladas and wouldn't require cooking, so I put together this simple salad. We really enjoyed it and hope you do too.
- Slice avocado and tomato into 1/4" thick slices.
- Arrange on a serving plate, alternating tomato slices with one or two avocado slices.
- Scatter with sweet onion and cilantro.
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper and shaking or whisking until well mixed.
- Drizzle dressing over avocado and tomato.
I really enjoyed this refreshing clean salad with some lemon pepper tuna. The only change I made was since I'm not a fan of coriander/cilantro I used basil picked fresh from the garden. Thank you Starrynews, made for Deverday A Holiday.
Tasty, easy, and healthy! The lime, cumin and olive oil dressing really brings out the fresh flavors of the salad. This is a salad I will be making often. Thanks for the post.
This is a delicious salad -- such simple ingredients and such great flavor! Served this wonderful salad along with Argentinian empanadas for lunch today. Will definitely make this dish again! Made for Culinary Quest - South America, 2014.