Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low fat, tasty and quick! I needed to use up the aubergine from my fridge, so I improvised this recipe. It tasted so good that I di not even used any extra seasoning! Serve it as a dip or spread for sandwiches / toasts. Also great on butterfly chicken breast ( or toast ) topped with cheese and grilled.
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 spring onion
- lemon juice
- salt and black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut the aubergine in half and cook it in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- Once the aubergine is cool, scrape out the flesh and blend it in a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Serve it as a dip or spread for sandwiches. Also great on butterfly chicken breast (or on a toast ) topped with cheese and grilled.