Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy, cheap and quick version of the gravy used for French Dip Subs. No need to buy those expensive dry mix packets anymore!
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon (or 4 cubes)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Place the water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; whisk in the beef bouillon.
- Whisk in the soy sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like a thicker Au Jus gravy, you can also whisk in a little flour to thicken it.
Quick, easy, and delicious! We poured this over grilled steaks and mopped it up with homemade dinner rolls! Yum!
This delicious. I did thicken it just and bid and added some onion powder. I didn't add any salt.
This is just like store bought but cheaper!! Very good flavor.