Recipe by Chef MB
Can't wait to try this. I'm trying to post some "loose" recipes so I don't lose them, and also so I can get nutritional info on them. This sounds simple and good. If you try it, let us know!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 shallots, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in enough boiling salted water to cover for 2.
- minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy non-stick 10 inch (25 cm) skillet over moderate heat.
- Saute the shallots until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the.
- asparagus and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook, scraping the sides and bottom occasionally with a spatula, until the bottom has set. Place the.
- skillet under a preheated broiler until the top has set. Be careful.
- not to burn the top. Invert onto a serving platter and cut into.
- wedges to serve. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Serves 4.