Prep 7 mins
Cook 9 mins
I like to eat this easy recipe with just a plain roasted chicken and a side vegetable.
Make and share this Simple Asian Pea Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- While the pan is heating, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry and sugar, stir to blend, and set aside.
- Add the oil and swirl it in the pan.
- Add the green onions and ginger and stir for about 20 seconds.
- Add the rice, and using a nonstick spatula, flip over the rice every 20 seconds for about 3 minutes. (Make sure that the ginger has flipped over and doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.).
- Add the peas and cook for another minute, flipping everything with the spatula.
- Restir the soy sauce mixture and add it to the rice, immediately working the sauce into the rice.
- Add salt and pepeper to taste, then stir and flip the rice for another minute or two. Check for salt and then remove from heat.