Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My boyfriend came up with an extremely quick and easy marinade to put on chicken fillets to BBQ one day with what we had left in the kitchen. Almost all my friends have asked for the recipe. It is foolproof. You can add anything else you may wish, such as chopped red chillies for colour or sesame seeds.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin optional)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large scallions or 1 large green onion, sliced diagonally
- Put all ingredients together with chicken breasts and marinade for at least one hour. When cooked, throw over sliced green onions for decoration.
The name says it all 'simple' to prepare took me less then five minutes. I pop these in the fridge and went to bed to get a quick nap, before I went to work (night shift). I slept in so I didn't get to cook the chicken until the next day. So the chicken had been marinating for over 24 hours, the marinate really soaked into the chicken. I grilled it and the flavour is so yummy. I garnished it with fresh coriander instead of the green onions. Thank you Lovetocook in Australia