Recipe by Belinda in Austin, TX
This easy Asian recipe came from a Kraft cooking magazine. I subbed the fresh snow peas the original recipe called for, with an Asian frozen veggie mix, containing snap peas. This is very light, and great, served over rice. If you want it to be spicy, you could add some red pepper flakes, to taste.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen asian-style vegetables, with sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, and stir fry for about 4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add peppers and veggies; cook about 2 minutes.
- Mix dry jello and cornstarch, in small bowl.
- Add broth, dressing, and garlic; stir until jello is dissolved; add to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook about 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve over hot rice.