Recipe by threeovens
Arugula is not for everyone - it has a bit of a bite! This salad pairs peppery arugula with sweet peaches and the tang of cheddar cheese. It is finished off with a very simple red wine vinaigrette (you'll have extra for another use). From "Real Simple" magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, diced
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; on a rimmed baking sheet, toast pecans, tossing once, until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool and chop pecans; set aside.
- In a serving bowl, toss together arugula, sliced peach, and cheddar.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients OR place them in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and give them a good shake.
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over salad and scatter pecans on top; toss to combine.
- Serve with additional vinaigrette, if desired.