Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
I found this on a yahoo group that I belong to, and thought it sounded good. Looks simple enough.
Top Review by Jeff's Chef
Oh my This is special. Just took it out of the oven a while ago and had a small piece with my DH. We both agree that while not being the CAKE we were expecting, Did get something between a crustless French Apple Pie and Strudel. Nicely done Kristen, and while this will be on our do it again list, it is best taken in small pieces as it is very rich.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the apple pie filling into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar.
- Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Pour dry cake mix over apples.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to one hour, until cake is brown on top and bubbling on the sides.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.