Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this yesterday, and it worked. Simple, easy and wonderful. Applesauce adds to apple flavor and makes the texture awesome. Let me know what you think.
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold, & cut into small pieces
- Bake pie shell to the directions it came with. Let cool.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, and cinnamon. Add butter and mix with hands until crumbly mixture appears.
- Put pie filling in shell, top with applesauce filling in so the pie is same level throughout. Add crumble mixture on top of the pie.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, at 325 degrees.
This was very very good. I wasn't sure about baking the pie crust before baking the pie, but I did and when it was time to bake the pie I just put foil over the crust around the edges in case it was going to brown it further (since it was already browned from baking the crust ahead of time). Also, I made it the night before and heated it up before I served it and it didn't cut well. Cut when it's cold or else it will come out as piles of pie. Maybe all pie is like that, I'm not sure. At any rate, this was a very good pie and I will be making it again.