These delicious fritters were made weekly by the school cafeteria cook who, "after hours" let me sample them ...ummmmm so good and easy to make. I never want to lose this recipe! Try them they're nice with a pork dinner .. but my family loves them for dessert...you decide.
- Measure and sift all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and milk together; slowly incorporating the dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped apples.
- In a heavy skillet on the stovetop, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop teaspoon full of apple-batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in color- 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on brown paper.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 12 small fritters.
- Eliminate the sugar and serve with pork roast.