Recipe by Steven L.
I found this scribbled inside a book dated 1916 in my grandma's attic. It's still a bomb dessert after all these years.
Top Review by Eric Rayburn
I'm very impressed with this simple, yet scrumptious dish. I make it with splenda (sugar substitute) to cut down on the carbs and it tastes great. A hit with everyone I've served it to. I've made it about 4 times now with granny's, fuji's, red delicious and braeburn apples and each time it's turned out well.
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Placed sliced apples in buttered 8x8 pan.
- Add spices, lemon juice and water.
- In separate bowl, mix butter, sugar and flour until crumbly; sprinkle on top of apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.