Recipe by Mrs. Christmas
This delicious recipe for Apple Cake was handed down to me by my Gramma who clipped it out of a newspaper many, many years ago. It's very simple and moist, making it a great choice for either breakfast or dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium golden delicious apples
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
- Cream butter, vanilla, eggs, and sugar.
- Add cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir in apples to combine.
- Spoon batter (it will be thick) into a greased 9x13 pan. Smooth top with knife or rubber scraper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.