Recipe by love4culinary
These scones are out of this world, and so easy to make! Check out Yummy and Simple Blueberry Sauce (Goes With My Blueberry Scones! to go along with them. The two together makes a nice dessert/snack :-) ENJOY!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries (you can use the frozen kind of you need to, but fresh are preferred)
- heavy cream (for brushing over top)
- sugar, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- First preheat oven to 425°F.
- Then take out a large baking sheet and grease it; set it aside.
- In a large bowl, you will need to combine your flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and allspice.
- Cut your butter into flour mixture with pastry knife (or a fork if you don't have one - you can even use your hands) making sure to cut it through until it looks crumbly.
- Now you will need to make a well in the center of this mixture and add the milk.
- Beginning stirring mixture, then add your blueberries, and finish stirring until dough forms.
- If you feel that it is not forming well, you can always add a tiny bit of milk to make it all come together, but be careful not to add much more milk, and do NOT overwork the dough.
- Now you must form the dough into one large round (like a ball), and flatten it out into a 10 inch disk.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 10 wedges; you can do so by cutting it exactly as you would cut a pie!
- Slide disk of scone wedges on to baking sheet sheet (not necessary to separate at this time). Brush tops with cream, and sprinkle sugar over the cream.
- Bake scones for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet when done, and cut the wedges where you made your cuts earlier.
- Serve warm with my blueberry sauce or with butter and honey!
- You can even eat them plain!