Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Main meat dish - part of the complete Rabbit dinner I am creating. May also be prepared with chicken
- sautee onions in oil, in a large shallow casserole, until transparent.
- toss in garlic, continue until fragrant.
- place rabbit pieces on top.
- cook, stirring energetically for 3-5 minutes until meat is browned.
- toss in the spices, stir to get everything nicely covered.
- add water.
- simmer, covered, for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- serve with mashed potatoes, rice or buckwheat.
This was delicious...I used plain paprika as opposed to Hungarian paprika and added some cream sherry and some liquid smoke. I had to add a little more water after about 20 minutes because I had the burner on medium high and turned it down to medium-medium low. This caused the onions to caramelize a bit.