Recipe by Roman Parparov
Main meat dish - part of the complete Rabbit dinner I am creating. May also be prepared with chicken
Top Review by Jeff R.
This was delicious...I used plain paprika as opposed to Hungarian paprika and added some cream sherry and some liquid smoke. I had to add a little more water after about 20 minutes because I had the burner on medium high and turned it down to medium-medium low. This caused the onions to caramelize a bit.
- 1 rabbit (legs, folds, loins)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 50 -70 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- sautee onions in oil, in a large shallow casserole, until transparent.
- toss in garlic, continue until fragrant.
- place rabbit pieces on top.
- cook, stirring energetically for 3-5 minutes until meat is browned.
- toss in the spices, stir to get everything nicely covered.
- add water.
- simmer, covered, for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- serve with mashed potatoes, rice or buckwheat.