Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A true comfort food, meatloaf has many variations. I like to keep things simple, yet flavorful, so try this one. The ingredients never have to be exact, so you can adjust to suit your family's preferences. Add some instant mashed potatoes and green peas and the kids will clean their plates. And speaking of the little people, put out the ketchup for squeezing on the meatloaf. Yum.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, reserve a little to pour on top
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients and put in a loaf pan.
- Pour reserved tomato sauce on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain liquid.
- Use leftovers to make meatloaf sandwiches on white bread with mayo.