My husband's favorite vegetable is spinach...it's actually the only one he likes! :) But interestingly we both prefer this simple, healthy and traditional version I learned from my mom. It's quick, easy and goes with almost anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in medium sized pan.
- 2On medium heat, Add mustard seeds, fenugreek and asafetida powder.
- 3Heat until mustard seeds begin to "pop".
- 4Then lower the heat a little, add the spinach and salt.
- 5Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- 6Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 7Voila, ready to serve!
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple and Tasty Indian Spinach (Sukhi Paalak)
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: