Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Just sort of through this together one day and it turned out excellent! Quick and easy.
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Cut your bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush Olive Oil onto one side of each slice.
- Add Garlic salt to each slice(if you like it more salty, add a little more).
- Layer each slice with the Parmesan then with Mozzarella on top of that.
- Italian Seasoning on the very top.
- Bake at 400 F for about 5 minutes, then switch to broiler for a couple additional minutes. This will help it brown nicely and bring out the flavor in the Italian Seasonings; which is why it's important it is on top.
This is a great quick-to-make garlic bread! I used garlic powder (instead of salt) otherwise made as specified. Great with pasta - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
Very tasty! Fast and easy recipe! I used a shredded cheese blend, instead of the separate cheese. Thanks so much for a great recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
Really delicious! Quick and easy, too. This was very popular with my family, and I love that it uses olive oil rather than butter. Doubled the recipe, combined all ingredients (didn't read the instructions until after I'd done this), and spread on a loaf of bread that was cut in half. Baked then broiled as directed. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.