Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my amped up version of a chicken and pasta primavera recipe that I found on the back of a Campbell's cream of mushroom soup can. I added wine and a few different seasonings to add a bit of depth to the basic recIpe. I try to stay away from cream soups, but my family really enjoyed this. I would suggest keeping the spaghetti and soup mixture in different containers if you have leftovers because when I stored them in the same cintainer, the pasta got sticky.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vermouth wine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used 98% fat free)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon bacon bacon seasoning (from Tastefully Simple or use bacon bits)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon spinach and herb seasoning mix (from Tastefully Simple or Mrs. Dash)
- 1 (1 lb) bag california-blend frozen vegetables, frozen (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti, drained and unsalted
- Heat large skillet over Medium-High heat, add chicken and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Stir to coat. Add wine and cook until chciken is no longer pink and wine has evaporated. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add soups, milk, vermouth, parmesan, garlic powder, bacon bacon seasoning, spinach and herb seasoning and frozen veggies; stir to combine. Heat over Medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minites, stirring often.
- Stir chicken into mixture and cook untol hot and bubbly.
- Serve over spaghetti.