Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had a craving for something with a Mexican flair, but didn't have many ingredients on hand. I made this up with what I had and was really pleased with the results. This is very filling and tastes great. It is mild as written, but can easily be spiced up if desired.
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Add salsa and salt to beef and mix well.
- Place one tortilla in bottom of lightly greased 10" pie pan.
- Spoon beef and salsa mixture on top of tortilla.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese on top of beef.
- Place next tortilla on top of cheese.
- Spread beans evenly on tortilla.
- Spread sour cream over beans and top with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Lay third tortilla on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was really good, and a big hit with my family! I left out the beans because we don't like them and was worried that the pie wouldn't be substantial enough, but we didn't miss them! This dish was plenty filling and tasty, though I think next time I'll use taco sauce instead of salsa because my family (everyone's so picky!) didn't like the chunks of peppers and such. Thanks for another great, easy recipe!
I thought this was very good! I don't eat red meat so I used ground turkey instead. Thanks for the recipe! :-)