Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine and adapted it slightly to simplify it. It tastes yummy and it is really easy to make. If you are a purist, then grill fresh red peppers which have been brushed with olive oil in a hot oven, peel them after sweating them in a plastic bag for 5 minutes. The pesto will be even better!
- 4 roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes (I used dried which had been allowed to soak in boiling water for 5 minutes)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (with the skin on, sliced is ok)
- 1 garlic clove (or more to taste)
- 20 g parmesan cheese (any sharp tasting yellow cheese will do) or 20 g pecorino cheese (any sharp tasting yellow cheese will do)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into a small blender and puree until a smooth paste.
- You may need to add a little cold water if the paste is too thick.
- Toss into hot pasta and serve.
- It lasts a few days in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.