Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister made this up one day when she neeeded a quick dessert! I tried it and it is tasty and delicious!! Use a sweet apple such as red or golden delicious and you won't have to add additional sugar!!Try using different kinds of instant oatmeal.
- 6 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) packages instant cinnamon roll oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- Peel and very thinly slice apples. Place in bottom of 8" baking dish. Melt butter and stir in the instant oatmeal. My sister used the maple and brown sugar flavor instant oatmeal but I had cinnamon roll flavor. Spoon oatmeal, butter mixture over top of apples. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream or icecream! Enjoy!
I loved the ease of this recipe and that it only requires a couple of ingredients. I can cut this recipe down easily too. This would be great for breakfast too. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009.
I thought this was a good dessert. The kids & hubby only liked the top. They thought the apples needed to have more flavor & softer. I may have needed to keep in oven longer but not sure. I will try again but add a little cinnamon & sugar to the apples before I cook them. Thanks for sharing.