1/6 Photos of Simple and Healthy Poached Salmon
Delicious poached salmon with no added oils. Serve with steamed veggies or topped with salsa and a green salad on the side. This method of poaching salmon is from a book of recipes by David Herbert who writes for the 'Weekend Australian' newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay each salmon fillet onto a piece of aluminum foil skin-side down. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Wrap each fillet tightly in the foil. Be sure to make an airtight seal. I fold the foil lengthwise and continue to fold along the seam until the fish is firmly wrapped. Fold/roll in each remaining end until the fish is fully enclosed.
- 3Place the wrapped salmon fillets into a large saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- 4Remove the parcels from the saucepan. Carefully open each parcel and remove the skin from the fish.
- 5Serve the salmon topped with your choice of toppings such as salsa, pesto, mango salsa, chunky tomato. Serve with a salad or steamed veges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple and Healthy Poached Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 393.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 65.2 g