Recipe by GingerlyJ
This recipe came from Prevention's fiber up slim down cookbook. it looks as beautiful on the plate as it does in your mouth
Top Review by ampman71
This dish is simply amazing! Having an abundance of cherry tomatoes in the house from my garden, along with some boneless skinless chicken breast, I searched the web for recipes, and boy am I glad to have found this one! I wasn't sure how it was all going to come together, but it was pretty simple to make, and packed with flavor. I did substitute parmesan cheese, since that's all I had, and I used a tri-color rotini instead of penne. I highly recommend this dish to anyone who wants a fast, healthy, delicious recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces multigrain penne
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 low sodium chicken broth
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper cut into bite size pieces and brown in a skillet.
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- after 7 minutes, add broccoli to the water.
- cook three more minutes and then drain.
- add broth and garlic to the skillet and boil until reduced by half.
- add tomatoes and over low heat cook until color brightens and are soft to the touch.
- add cheese and stir until well blendedadd everything together and top with parsely.