Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
My dad is fasting today. Among the few things he is permitted to eat today, sabudana is one. I made this for him for lunch this afternoon. He was licking his fingers clean! This is very tasty, on the mushy soft side, but very enjoyable.
- 2 cups sago (sabudana)
- 1 medium potato, peeled,diced small and boiled
- 2 medium green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 sprigs curry leaves, washed and torn
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut, grated,to garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped,to garnish
- Soak sabudana in plenty of water for 2 hours.
- Drain completely.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Boil potato pieces in water until tender.
- Drain and keep aside.
- When your ready to start preparing the khichdi, heat oil in a skillet.
- When hot, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Allow the cumin seeds to splutter.
- Once they stop spluttering, add the boiled potato pieces and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Saute brifely.
- Take care to see that the potatoes do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Mix well.
- Add sabudana.
- Stir it in well.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix in nicely.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with coconut and corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with low-fat plain yoghurt on the side.