Recipe by SaddleUp87
This is a very easy recipe for making delicious and juicy turkey burgers. I usually just eyeball it when I make them, so don't worry too much about exact measurements.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (I use kraft reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- mozzarella cheese, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion until tender, set aside.
- in a small mixing bowl, combine turkey and egg by hand.
- add in the rest of the ingredients (including the sauteed onions) and mix well.
- shape into 4 evenly sized burgers.
- grill, turning once until cooked through (about 12-15 mins)
- top with mozarella slices one minute before removal from grill.
- *these taste best on whole wheat buns, especially if you toast them with a little olive oil on each half -- mmm.