1/8 Photos of Simple and Easy Roast Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Simple and delicious. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2Wash chicken and pat dry with paper toweling.
- 3Coarsely chop the bulb of garlic (don't bother to peel cloves).
- 4Remove rosemary from 4 of the stems and chop coarsely; reserve the rest for later.
- 5Chop lemons into quarters.
- 6Put chopped garlic, chopped lemons and the chopped rosemary into the chicken's cavity.
- 7Rub the chicken skin generously with the butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and tuck remaining rosemary stems on the chicken, around wings and drumsticks.
- 9Roast chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 10Decrease oven temperature to 375F and cook for 60-75 minutes more or until the juices of the chicken run clear (time depends a lot on weight).
- 11Allow chicken to sit at least 15 minutes before carving.
- 12Garnish with more fresh rosemary before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple and Easy Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.5
- Calories from Fat 942
- Total Fat 104.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 458.3 mg
- Sodium 1668.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 103.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: