Cook1 hr 30 mins
Simple and delicious. Enjoy!
Make and share this Simple and Easy Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper toweling.
- Coarsely chop the bulb of garlic (don't bother to peel cloves).
- Remove rosemary from 4 of the stems and chop coarsely; reserve the rest for later.
- Chop lemons into quarters.
- Put chopped garlic, chopped lemons and the chopped rosemary into the chicken's cavity.
- Rub the chicken skin generously with the butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and tuck remaining rosemary stems on the chicken, around wings and drumsticks.
- Roast chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375F and cook for 60-75 minutes more or until the juices of the chicken run clear (time depends a lot on weight).
- Allow chicken to sit at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Garnish with more fresh rosemary before serving, if desired.
love this recipe...
This recipe proves that simple ones are sometimes the best. It's a flavorful base to start with and lends itself well to experimentation. I always stick with the olive oil and it turns out great. How can you go wrong with garlic and fresh rosemary?
This recipe was amazing!!! I made this for 8 very picky eaters and they loved every morsel! Thanks for the great recipe!