Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have made these pies year after year. The family is upset at the holidays if I dont make them and they all want one to take home too. This makes 2 shallow pies (my preference) or one deep dish pie. Serve with cool whip for an extra touch and flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (9 inch) shallow pie crusts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs first, then add pumpkin.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix sugar, salt spice.
- Pour and mix the contents of small bowl into the large bowl all together.
- Then slowly add evaporated milk to the large bowl.
- Pour into 2 shallow shells or one deep dish shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce to 350 degrees and cook for 50 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 2 hours, then serve or refrigerate.