Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another way to quickly, easily make refried beans...tastes so much better than canned! Although, my cousin raised in Texas says the butter should be replaced by lard...I'll leave that up to you!
- 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans, drained
- 59.16 ml butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml salsa
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese or 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese, directions
- Place first four ingredients, plus 1/2 cup of cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 or until bubbly.
Cheap, easy and delicious. I live in Southern California so beans are a staple and this recipe was a hit at our party.
Great recipe....made as directed but added a pinch of chili powder and cayenne pepper for some heat. Also, next day it made an awesome bean dip!