Recipe by Sonya Argue
This is a very tasty simple dressing. It has a sweet and sour taste. It is great for any green salad and very good with those that have nuts in them or fruit(mandarin oranges, strawberries). I was given this recipe from a friend. I have passed it along to many of my friends. It is simple, easy and very tasty.
- 1 cup oil (vegetable,sunflower or corn works best)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (seasoning salt works also)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk or a fork.
- Make sure that sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a salad dressing bottle.
- Shake before using.
- Serve with favourite salad.
- (very good with spinach salad with mandarin oranges,or with any mixed green salad) This will keep for several weeks in the fridge.