Recipe by out of here
This is a recipe I made up as my DD and myself love a good Spanish Rice. It is very easy and so YUMMY.
Top Review by Mimi in Maine
I used to make my Spanish Rice from scratch, but when Rice-a-Roni came out with theirs and I tried it, I never wanted to make it again. It tasted just like mine. When a friend said that they were making this for supper, I thought that it wouldn't taste as good as Rice-a-Roni but I looked at the recipe. Lo and behold........it WAS Rice-a-Roni with a couple things added. So I made it. The corn was great in it as was the sausage. I used the sweet Italian sausage. I wanted to put some black beans in it too, but the recipe didn't call for it, soooo. RESULT: Delicious. Thanks Rose for this yummy recipe. It is a keeper. Oh, I didn't put in the soup because I didn't have any tomato bisque. I had tomato but no tomato bisque. It may be the same thing, I don't know, but I didn't want to try it. It probably would have worked but......... Anyway, it came out great. It all went in one meal. We licked the platter clean.
- 1 (7 ounce) rice-a-roni Spanish rice mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato bisque soup
- 1⁄2 lb johnsonville Italian sausage (mild)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans&w stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the Italian sausage in a large frying pan. When browned, add 2 tablespoons oleo and the rice mixture from the box.
- Now follow the package directions on how to do the rice. I only add the corn, sugar, and soup when rice is ready to simmer.
- Cook until the rice is tender.