Recipe by running rachel
I found this recipe in Southern Living, and it the best pralines I have ever had by far. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugars and milk to a boil in a Dutch oven, stirring often. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 11 minuted or until a candy thermometer registers 228 degrees (thread stage).
- Stir in butter and pecans; cook, stirring constantly, until candy thermometer registers 236 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon 1 to 2 minuted or just until mixture begins to thicken. Quickly drop by heaping tablespoons onto buttered wax paper or parchment paper; let stand until firm.