Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple quick recipe I found in Taste of Home magazine. This can be easily frozen and heated for whenever you wished to eat it.
- 10 manicotti, shells boiled to al-dente
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 20 ounces marinara sauce, your favourite brand
- Combine meats and brown and drain well.
- Mix in garlic powder, cream cheese and mozarella cheese.
- When cool enough to handle, stuff each manicotti shell (easiest to just use your hands to do this part) and lay them side by side in a pan that will accomadate them.
- Pour marinara sauce over manicotti.
- Cover and bake at 350 deg. for 40 minute.
- Serve hot with french bread and a salad.
- For a creamier filling, mix in 8oz cream cheese.