Prep 30 mins
Cook 19 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season the chicken with half the thyme and salt and pepper; then add to the hot skillet.
- Cook the chicken 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
- Return the skillet to the burner over medium-high heat; add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add in the sliced potatoes, the remaining half of the thyme, salt, and pepper; cook about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in the sliced onions and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the wine, mustard, and chicken stock; bring up to a bubble; add in the asparagus and continue to cook 4-5 minutes, until the asparagus and potatoes are both tender.
- Add in the parsley and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken breasts whole or sliced, on top of the potatoes and asparagus.