Recipe by emily.soulliere
When it comes to soup I dont like a lot of fuss. I am a big supporter of a simple soup. This is one of my favorite soups to make. Try it simple, try it with extra veggie goodness. It goes both ways!
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups red lentils
- 5 -6 new potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until onions are transparent, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- While onions and garlic are sauteed dissolve the vegetable bouillon cube in a cup of the water called for.
- Add the dissolved bouillon, remaining water, lentils, potatoes, carrots, and salt and pepper to the sauteed onions and garlic.
- Stir to combine everything and then cover. Allow to cook until potatoes are easily penetrated with a fork or knife.