1/7 Photos of Simple and Brilliantly Tasty Grilled Steak
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Sometimes simple is the best! This is how dh loves his steak!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb steak, trimmed of fat to within 1/4 inch (any cut you like just make sure it is a tender cut and good for grilling like sirloin, rib eye, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or 1/2 tablespoon Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt, course grind, to taste
- black peppercorns, course and freshly ground
- 1Trim any large fat around steak so that it is within 1/4 inch- prevents meat curling up on grill.
- 2Rub both sides of steak with butter or butter buds then repeat with olive oil. This will allow you the flavor of the butter without it burning as the olive oil raises the burn point. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Allow steak to come to room temperature letting it rest on counter for about 45 minutes or so.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat gas or charcoal grill to highest setting- nice layer of white ash for charcoal.
- 5Place steak on grill and let it sear for one minute. Lift with tongs- never a fork as this will pierce the meat and allow juices to escape.
- 6Turn steak and allow to sear on other side for one minute. If you want crosshatch grill marks, turn 45 degrees and lay steak down on grill to sear crosshatch lines into the meat.
- 7Allow steak to cook for about 6 minutes total for medium rare, about 8-10 for medium and longer for well done.
- 8Remove steak from grill and let rest on platter or cutting board for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Resist temptation! Do not even pick any crispy edges off. The meat will relax and all the juices will redistribute making this the juiciest steak you may have ever had.
- 9Now you can add any other seasonings you like. DH likes it just as it is.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple and Brilliantly Tasty Grilled Steak
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1304.2
- Calories from Fat 951
- Total Fat 105.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 323.7 mg
- Sodium 281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 82.4 g