Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother always made this for big family gatherings. When I was a kid I always picked out the hamburger, but it's the best part now! This is a pretty quick and easy recipe with no frills, but tastes great.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Boil elbow macaroni until just under cooked or al dente and drain.
- Chop onion and green pepper.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with chopped onion and green pepper. Do not drain all of the grease. It brings out a lot of flavor.
- Combine macaroni, beef mixture, tomato soup, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes in large pot.
- Simmer on very low heat and add salt, pepper, and other spices to taste. I add a little bit of garlic powder and italian seasoning for more flavor.
- Serve immediately or store for later.