Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
In response to how to use extra egg yolks. This is an easy meal. Throw in some steamed vegies and it's a side dish, serve over pasta and it's a whole meal.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter or margarine in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese.
- Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I have to say, this was SO EASY to make. I used Romanco instead of parmesan (error on my part at the store when buying stuff). It was still good though! Thanks Tish! Husband LOVED it!
I love Alfredo sauce over pasta but have never before seen a recipe for it. This recipe sounds really good.