Recipe by weekend cooker
a simple "let the crockpot do the cookin" recipe. Very simple preparation.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Sure enough is a simple recipe to manage! A couple of small changes were made, though ~ I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (always have them on hand) & added half a teaspoon of lemon pepper! With the very satisfying flavor here, & the ease of preparation . . . well, it goes into my 'KEEPER' file! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 large roasting chicken, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) cansteweed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, and dry chicken quarters with paper towels and place in large slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, 57 sauce, and stewed tomatoes. Heat just until butter melts, and ingredients mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover aand cook on low for 5-6 hours.