Recipe by Auntie Mags
A yummy way to use up leftover lamb. Perfect for a lazy Sunday supper.
Top Review by Acerast
Delicious and exotic! My family usually eats lamb Greek style with olive oil and lemon, or a more Irish-style so this lamb stew with curry was quite a change! You've opened up a whole new chapter of cooking - I'll not be so frightened of curries ever again ;) Thanks Auntie Mags. Reviewed for Ali Baba's Babes for ZWT5.
- 1 lb cooked lamb, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut in thick slices
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in bottom of dutch oven on med-high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and cooked lamb and stir until lamb is heated through.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 2 hours, or until onions and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Taste and adjust herbs and spices according to your preference.
- Serve with crusty bread and a rich Cabernet Sauvignon (grape juice for the kids!).